This past weekend, one of my friends had a poker themed birthday party. The main attractions were Texas Hold' Em and Black Jack, but there were other card and boardgames available to play. After, losing about 40% of my chips in Texas Hold' Em I headed to the Black Jack table to try and build my stack back up again. There I learned some of the basic strategies at playing Black Jack, and after losing my first few hands began to get a hang of it. Knowing when to "hit" and when to "stay" became crucial as I began to bet more chips. Ultimately I lost, but the experience of playing was extremely entertaining knowing there was no high risk. Every hand could turn out to be a nail-biter, unlike in Hold' Em where that might happen every few hands, and everyone had the chance to win. Every hand ended in excitement and either cheers of excitement or jeers that came with loss, but that's exactly what makes the game so fun.
-jag13
No comments:
Post a Comment