Being a student at the Liberal Arts and Science Academy(LASA) can be awesome. You can be as weird as you want, hang out with pretty much anyone without changing yourself, and learn things at a higher level from some cool teachers. But, all of that, and the homework, will take its toll on you and that is why so many of LASA's students are sleep deprived. For example, the football team played Reagan, one of our biggest rivals and many students went to see the game. We won in a blowout win, but getting home late was the problem. Luckily the game was Friday night and I could sleep in, but it is not unusual to have a Thursday game and have to wake up early for school the next morning. I slept around 10 hours, four more than what I usually get and felt pretty good. After playing a variety of sports with some friends I was exhausted and fell asleep at eight 0'clock on a Saturday night. Although I did miss some college football games, I had the best night of rest since the begging of the school year after sleeping for about 14 hours. So, even though LASA is tough and stressful at times, one should never underestimate the power of the pillow and good night's rest.
-jag13
No comments:
Post a Comment