This past week I had a soccer tournament for the JVA team at school, the planning of which was horrible. The JVA team had a district game scheduled for Wednesday night, a tournament game on Thursday, two more games on Friday, and then two games in the morning Saturday. Six games in a span of only four days. To deal with the situation Coach Martinez was forced to split the JVA into two teams, one to play in the tournament, and the other to play in the district games we had scheduled. I was placed on the tournament team, but due to the team being split we only had 14 players (except for the games Friday when we only had 13 because one player was sick). Because of the shortage of players I played every minute of every game. A total of over 4 hours of constant playing in only three days. At that point I was exhausted, took an ice bath, and slept and rested as much as I could. The work is begging to pay off though. At the tournament Coach Martinez talked to me and let me know how close I was to making varsity. Actually I could be on Varsity, but I would be riding the bench, unlike on JV where I play the majority of the time.
-jag13
No comments:
Post a Comment