This week in class we started the program Alice. Unlike Scratch, Alice is three dimensional, allowing you to create more realistic actions. We jumped into the program and started to add objects to our world and then the labs gradually got harder. However, I felt that as the labs grew harder, because we had to use more functions and methods, the harder it was to find the proper commands. Although I ended up finding them after searching for a while I feel that it would be helpful to know where everything is in Alice. After using Scratch I understand the commands, but in Alice finding the right ones is harder. This is mostly because you have to use functions and methods from an object AND the world, which have different commands. Not only do you have differences there, but there are also confusing scroll down boxes that make it hard to find the appropriate input for a code. This happened to me in the lab that made a horse add two numbers and say the sum. Finding the command to add two numbers was hard to find and took a while to search for. I am starting to get a hang of it, but when we start a new program I think it would be beneficial to learn where everything is before we start labs, so that we avoid confusion.
-jag13
No comments:
Post a Comment