This week we were still working with Alice and, during one lesson, had to create a new function. The lab was to make the program figure out which cow out of the herd was the tallest, and then have that cow say, "I'm the tallest". The part I liked most, even though it was the source of my problems multiple times, was the fact that creating a function in the "world" was different than creating a function in the "cow". The function necessary for the lab to work needed to be built under the "world", but I built it under the "cow" leading me into several dead ends. Once figuring out the problem not only did I fix my mistake, but I realized that if the "world" and the "cow" have different uses of functions, there were much more possibilities. As we get farther and farther into Alice, I am begging to learn that, although it is much more complex, the advantage Alice has over Scratch is that it has much more possibilities and you can create many more things in the program.
-jag13
No comments:
Post a Comment