Sunday, October 10, 2010

Austin City Limits

This year was my first time going to the  Austin City Limits (ACL) Music Festival and it won't be my last. I was actually pretty fortunate to even get a ticket after my brother's friend ended up not being able to go, but I am glad I got to go because it was more amazing than I thought. The first band I saw was MAnchester Orchestra (cot an actual ocrhestra) and really begin to see, feel, hear, etc., what live music was like. I then journeyed across to the other side to see the Silversun Pickups and later LCD Soundsystem, who, by the way, were both exciting. However, the best shows by far were deadmau5 (pronounced deadmouse) and the Muse. Deadmua5, a dj who wears a mouse head while he performs, pu on a phenomonal show and being in the crowd for that was amazing, being able to hit beach balls in the air and cheering everytime he finished an awesome section. MAYBE (I still can't decide) even better was the Muse show, closing out ACL for the night. Not only was the light show amazing, but being in the crowd singing along to their songs with everyone else was such a great feeling, I know that I will be at ACL for years to come.

deadmau5                                                                 Muse

-jag13

No comments:

Post a Comment